Re: [AMBER] pmemd.cuda.MPI problem

From: Victor Ma <victordsmagift.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2013 14:37:50 -0500

Thanks for both replies. The simulation does run fine in serial. I checked
em1.out. It says "CUDA (GPU): Minimization is NOT supported in parallel on
GPUs. " The message is pretty clear. I then tested the parallel calculation
with a production run. The command is
mpirun --machinefile=nodefile -np 2 pmemd.cuda.MPI -O -i prod.in -o
prod.out -c md3.rst -p complex_wat.prm -r prod.rst -x prod.crd -ref md3.rst
&

In the nodefile, I put
localhost:2
(My machine has 4GPU and 24 CPU)

This time, the error message is "cudaMemcpyToSymbol: SetSim copy to cSim
failed all CUDA-capable devices are busy or unavailable". But I do have 2
idle GPUs in the machine. Any idea?

Thanks.

Victor