Re: [AMBER] pmemd.cuda.MPI problem

From: David A Case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu>
Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2013 14:50:02 -0400

On Wed, Aug 07, 2013, Victor Ma wrote:

> I have amber12 and openmpi installed and configured on a 4GPU machine. I'd
> like to run multi-GPU amber simulation. Here is the command I used:
> mpirun --machinefile=nodefile -np 2 pmemd.cuda.MPI -O -i em1.in -o em1.out
> -c complex_wat.inpcrd -p complex_wat.prm -r em1.rst -ref complex_wat.inpcrd
> &
>
> And the error messageI got is,
> application called MPI_Abort(MPI_COMM_WORLD, 1) - process 0
>
> Does that mean my openmpi is not properly configured?

Could be anything. First, run the test suite to see if you have a generic
problem (e.g. with openmpi configuration).

Second, look at the output files, especially em1.out. Most likely, there is
an error message there. The MPI_Abort message just informs you that the
process failed. You have to look at the acutal outputs to find out why.

...dac