Re: [AMBER] GTX-Titan / GTX780 Fix

From: Ross Walker <ross.rosswalker.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 07 Aug 2013 10:52:51 -0700

Results so far are:

On a machine with 3 x GTX-Titan - AMBER 12 + patches as of Aug 6th 2013
with CUDA 5.0 and the latest driver v325.15 running my GTX780 validation
which is 10 runs on each GPU of JAC NPT for 2,000,000 steps per run for a
total of 30 runs ALL 30 runs are bitwise identical. This is compared to
divergence occurring in 5 minutes for the older driver.

So I would say a tentative - YES this does appear to fix the Titan
problem!!!! :-)

I would encourage people to help though and do some more testing (need to
check parallel for example) and also more varied systems and perhaps
longer runs but for now at least it looks very encouraging.

I will shortly be releasing a patch for AMBER 12 that will force the code
to quit if it detects a Titan or 780 GPU being used with a driver earlier
than 325.15.

All the best
Ross