Re: [AMBER] Distance based mask for qmmask

From: Andreas Goetz <agoetz.sdsc.edu>
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2013 10:43:32 -0700

This is not what I am talking about. I am referring to a switching function that interpolates forces on atoms between forces computed quantum mechanically and with molecular mechanics. This is not available in AMBER.

The switching function that is implemented in AMBER and that you are referring to is for the cutoff of electrostatic interactions between QM and MM region under periodic boundary conditions. The short-range part is computed from the exact QM charge density while the long-range part is computed via PME using Mulliken charges.

All the best,
Andy

--
Dr. Andreas W. Goetz