Re: [AMBER] Antechamber atom types and all_nuc94.in atom descriptions

From: Kamali Sripathi <ksripath.umich.edu>
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2013 11:29:52 -0400

Dear Francois,

I have one question for clarification:

I'm trying to make a library for a central protonated adenosine, and to
compare charge methods I've been using both option 2 and option 3 with
single and multiple conformations in the RED Server. I have not been using
any intra- or inter-molecular charge constraints; I think this is all
right, but I just wanted to double-check.

For option 2, I'm uploading central fragments of the nucleotide (with a 5'
phoshpate and 3'O), so I think no inter-molecular charge constraints need
to be specified, is that right? And I have not specified any
intra-molecular constraints but have noticed, for example, that adenine's
exocyclic amine hydrogens and the nonbridging oxygens have the same
charges.

Similarly, I shouldn't need to specify any intra- or inter-molecular charge
constraints because I submit the nucleoside and Option 3 supplies the
dimethylphosphate. I was assuming that Option 3 would also take care of the
inter-molecular charge constraints for the dimethyl phosphate.

Thank you so much, and have a great day and weekend,

Kamali

Kamali Sripathi
PhD Candidate, Medicinal Chemistry
Walter Laboratory