Re: [AMBER] What's the difference between NetCDF files and .crd files?

From: Jan-Philip Gehrcke <jgehrcke.googlemail.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2013 12:09:43 +0200

Hello,

NetCDF is a file format specification. Amber is able to use this format
for various purposes. As of Amber 12, I am aware of trajectory files as
well as restart files that can be read and written as NetCDF files.

 From what you have written so far, it is not entirely clear what you
want to convert to what.

For your understanding, two examples:

It is possible to load a NetCDF trajectory file with cpptraj via the
trajin command and select only one single frame for further processing.
You can then save the atomic coordinates of this frame in the classical
Amber ASCII format (as 'crd' file) using the trajout command.

Likewise, if a NetCDF restart file is your input, you can use cpptraj to
create a an ASCII restart file from it.

In any case, the AmberTools manual is your friend here.

Hope this helps,

Jan-Philip