Re: [AMBER] fix_traj_parm.py problems

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2013 23:33:24 -0400

On Jul 11, 2013, at 11:18 PM, Fabrício Bracht <fabracht1.gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Jason. Thank you for the update. When you said that is going to be quite
> slow, did you mean that it would take days. Cause I've been running it for
> about 4 hours and the
> Re-ordering the trajectories. This may take awhile...
> Adding mdcrd.md2: 0%
> Is still at 0%. The system has less than 30k atoms and the simulation has
> 10k frames.
> Is this what I should expect?
> Thanks

Ugh. I don't think it should take that long. It worked fine in my tests, but that was admittedly a small test without periodic boundaries. I will look into it when I get some time.

Is this a set of simulations that would be easy to rerun with a fixed topology file and restart file? Because ParmEd will fix this prmtop and restart for you.

Also, cpptraj will now work on these broken prmtops for any action that doesn't require molecule information, so you may be able to get away without reordering the trajectories.

In the meantime, it may be a good idea to check the validity of your prmtop using the checkValidity command in parmed before running simulations to check that everything looks good. As a plus side, it will catch numerous other errors, like forgotten disulfide bridges and other issues.

HTH,
Jason

> 2013/7/11 Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
>
>> On Thu, Jul 11, 2013 at 7:04 PM, Fabrício Bracht <fabracht1.gmail.com
>>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Jason. Indeed my input had a silly mistake. Instead of using -x to
>>> indicate the output trajectory, I used -y again. Very silly indeed.
>>> Now I have another error.
>>> The input line
>>> ./fix_traj_parm.py -p HOH_wat.prmtop -y mdcrd.md2 mdcrd.md3 -o
>>> fixedparm.prmtop -x fixed.mdcrd
>>> seems to be correct, but an error comes up anyway:
>>>
>>> Re-ordering the trajectories. This may take awhile...
>>> Traceback (most recent call last):
>>> File "./fix_traj_parm.py", line 110, in <module>
>>> pbcang =
>>> newtraj.createVariable('cell_angular','d',('frame','cell_angular'))
>>> IOError: netcdf: NetCDF: String match to name in use
>>>

>> Ah, a stupid typo (in 2 places, actually).
>>
>> When I tested this script, I created an system without PBC, so I never
>> tested this particular bit of code... It seems to work now, although it
>> may be quite slow for large systems (it is in Python, after all).
>>
>> I've uploaded the fixed version to my Wiki.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Jason
>>

>>> I have tried with two different sets of trajectories and the error was
>> the
>>> same.

>> working

>>> 45,