[AMBER] ´ð¸´: timecorr

From: Hongyi WU <why0713.sjtu.edu.cn>
Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2013 20:34:45 +0800

Dear David,

Thanks for your answer.
But I get the definition of correlation from our text book, Molecular
Modeling Principles and Applications by Andrew R. Leach. And it's just the
same as Pearson correlation (or at least the mathematical form). I have
attached a screenshot of the definition to this letter.

-----ÓʼþÔ­¼þ-----
·¢¼þÈË: David A Case [mailto:case.biomaps.rutgers.edu]
·¢ËÍʱ¼ä: 2013Äê7ÔÂ9ÈÕ 20:03
ÊÕ¼þÈË: AMBER Mailing List
Ö÷Ìâ: Re: [AMBER] timecorr

On Tue, Jul 09, 2013, Hongyi WU wrote:

> The function timecorr in AmberTools 13 will return squared correlation
> r^2, right?

No: the "time correlation" [C(t)] is unreleated to the Pearson (linear)
correlation function (which it sounds like you might be thinking of).
C(t) is normalized such that C(0)=1; it is not the square of anything.

Apologies if I am misunderstanding your question.

..dac