Re: [AMBER] question about hydroxyproline and new atom type'OO'

From: Karl N. Kirschner <kkirsch.scai.fraunhofer.de>
Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2013 09:18:29 +0200 (CEST)

Hello Tianchi,

  If you wish to have complete control and understanding of the atom types and parameters for your new residue, you can create and edit (using a text editor, e.g. vi) several files to do this. This will require a good understanding of Amber's force-field files and their format, which I think is always a good idea. Here is the general outline of those files:

1. leaprc file - contains the basic atom type definition and a reference to the created frcmod file (see next point).
2. frcmod file - contains the parameters that are not present in your specified standard force field (e.g. parm99SB).
3. residue file - this can be in a prep or mol2 format.

  Once created you can reference your the leaprc and residue files in a leap input file, and use the more traditional leap commands normally. The question then comes to how trustworthy are your parameters, both bonded and nonbonded, involving your new atom type.

Cheers,
Karl