Re: [AMBER] pmemd.cuda Energy Minimization Slow

From: Ross Walker <rosscwalker.gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 6 Jul 2013 23:17:52 -0700

Hi Parker,

The run is taking 10seconds of compute time which is about what i'd expect but for sone reason it takes 210 seconds of wallclock time. Are you sure nobody else is running on the same machine / same GPU? Are you using a remote (and slow?) filesystem?

The run should take about 10 seconds but for some reason it is only running at about 5% efficiency on your machine.

A few things to try:

1. Make sure you have the latest Nvidia driver.
2. Install the latest version of amber, should report v12.3 for GPU.
3. Reboot and kick everyone else off the machine.
4. Run on a local filesystem.
5. Download the benchmark suite from http://ambermd.org/gpus/ and see how your machine fairs with that.

All the best
Ross