Re: [AMBER] Amber 12 installation on OSX

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Jul 2013 17:17:36 -0400

On Fri, Jul 5, 2013 at 3:13 PM, George Tzotzos <gtzotzos.me.com> wrote:

> Following the earlier message, it seems that mpich2 is indeed obsolete and
> one needs to install first mpich.

Yes. MPICH2 is deprecated at this point. Since development on MPICH was
dead, the MPICH2 team decided to reclaim the MPICH name rather than go to,
for instance, MPICH3.

For awhile, MacPorts had mpich3 as an available port, which was
deprecated for mpich-devel, and later for mpich. There was a thread about
this in the MacPorts mailing list at some point... I will make the relevant
update to my Wiki.

Thanks for the reminder,

Quantum Theory Project,
University of Florida