Re: [AMBER] Abnormal simulation in the sulfonic acid group.

From: Karl N. Kirschner <kkirsch.scai.fraunhofer.de>
Date: Thu, 4 Jul 2013 16:58:43 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

  Indeed, antechamber assigns an "ho" atom type to these R-SO3H systems (at least it did for benzenesulfonic acid), and thus epislon and R of 0.0. The behavior that is seen then in the MD simulation is identical to that seen in hydroxyl groups present in carbohydrates. One quick and approximate solution would be to add small terms to this LJ parameter, like the Glycam group (Tessier and Woods) did recently:

"Ho 0.2000 0.0300 M.B. Tessier 2011, use by permission only"

Cheers,
Karl