Re: [AMBER] AMBER atom types in parm10.dat don't match antechamber

From: FyD <fyd.q4md-forcefieldtools.org>
Date: Tue, 02 Jul 2013 09:45:47 +0200

Dear Brian,

There is no difficulty for differentiating the 'HC' atom type vs the
'H1', 'H2' or 'H3' ones; i.e. is a given hydrogen atom, which is
connected to a carbon atom connected to one, two or three heteroatoms.
The same rule applies for the aromatic hydrogens 'HA', vs 'H4' and
'H5'... These 'HC' vs 'H1'/'H2'/'H3' and 'HA' vs 'H4'/'H5' definitions
are at the basis of the Cornell et al. force field; and there is no
difficulty for coding that...

R.E.D. Python fully handles this quite basic problem (differentiating
the different double bonds is far more complex for instance); I invite
you to use R.E.D. Python when available i.e. sometimes next
September/October 2013.
You can also use R.E.D. Server and request a private assistance to
post-process your data with R.E.D. Python.

regards, Francois