Re: [AMBER] Actual Intel Compiler Version Used

From: ET <sketchfoot.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2013 04:18:07 +0100

Hi,

I tried compiling AMBER on a dual opteron machine
with Intel_CplusplusCompilers_2013.2.146
and Intel_FortranCompilers_2013.2.146

Had no end of problems. Possibly because you need to set a different combo
of switches for AMD? Started looking into -xhost, etc, but never got to the
bottom of it, so went with GNU compilers in the end, which made the
installation trivial. As the machine was going to mainly run cuda, I
understood from the list that the intel code optimisation impact was
minimal to none. So haven't looked back.. Not sure if there is such a
dramatic code improvement in the CPU code either, but I'm sure someone who
knows better could inform you on the latter point. :)

br,