Re: [AMBER] Antechamber atom types and all_nuc94.in atom descriptions

From: Kamali Sripathi <ksripath.umich.edu>
Date: Sun, 23 Jun 2013 08:06:29 -0400

Dear Francois,

Thank you very much for your reply, and I'm sorry for my late one. The
reason I would like to keep the base and sugar charges unperturbed is
because my collaborator and I are conducting constant pH simulations, and
every atom affected by protonation would have to be treated as a hybrid
atom, increasing the complexity of the group to be titrated.

I believe I have successfully run the Ante_RED program to generate an input
for Gaussian 09. As I understand it, this input can be used with a
standalone version of Gaussian to generate the Gaussian output for the RED
IV server. Is this correct? I was under the impression RED IV could also
use Gaussian to run geometry optimization for me, but I tried to submit a
job with only the .com file from Ante_RED and kept getting errors.

When I try running standalone Gaussian using the input generated from
Ante_RED, I get this error in the output:

* The combination of multiplicity 1 and 79 electrons is impossible.*
*
*
I've seen from the mailing list archives that this sometimes happens for
fragments of molecules. As I've stated in previous messages in this thread,
at this point I'm trying to generate a library for simply the
N9-methyl-N1-protonated adenine, in an attempt to keep the sugar and
phosphate charges the same. Is there any way that I can submit the base
alone through the server?

I have one more question, just to confirm: the Ante_RED program
automatically reorders the atoms from the input PDB file in the optimal
order for generation of the P2N file, is that right? In the tutorials I've
read that sometimes one has to manually re-order or re-name certain atoms,
but I'm a little confused as to when I have to do that.

Thank you very much, and have a great day,

Kamali