Re: [AMBER] Antechamber atom types and all_nuc94.in atom descriptions

From: FyD <fyd.q4md-forcefieldtools.org>
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2013 10:13:12 +0200

Dear Kamali,

> Thank you for this reference. One of my collaborators actually tried this
> server; we came up with the question of how to keep, e.g. in the case of
> N1-protonated adenine, the charges of the base and the sugar essentially
> the same as those for canonical adenine while only changing the charges of
> the base atoms. Would this be possible with the RED server? Should I
> instead use the organic molecule tutorial rather than the nucleoside one?

- Changing the formal (total) charge of a molecule should strongly
affect the partial (atomic) charges.

You can easily test that with R.E.D. Server; simple prepare two P2N
files: for the reference and the modified structure, and run a charge
derivation and FF library building procedure for these two molecules.

- NucleoSIDES are used with dimethylphosphate to generate nucleoTIDE
fragments:
See http://q4md-forcefieldtools.org/Tutorial/Tutorial-3.php#26
  as well as:
http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/jcc.540161106/abstract
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2918240/figure/F4/

- You can also provide the 'PXXXX' R.E.D. Server job name in the email
sent to the q4md-fft (or amber) mailing list so that we can more
easily assist you.

- You can also request a private assistance from the R.E.D. Server web site.
See http://q4md-forcefieldtools.org/REDS/faq.php#5

regards, Francois