Re: [AMBER] GAFF atom type for CO

From: Krisztina Feher <feher_krisztina.yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Jun 2013 07:03:42 -0700 (PDT)

Sorry, that was my first failed attempt. I attached a correct pdb file. The CO carbon is assiged as "c2" by divcon and as "c1" by sqm in the output .mol2 file.
Krisztina

 On Fri, Jun 21, 2013, Krisztina Feher
 wrote:

> I attached the tripeptide. I built it in Accelrys
 Discovery Studio
> Visualiser 3.5 and afterwards I cleaned geometry -
 whatever that means
> there.
>
> antechamber -i igc-dap+-dal_dsv.pdb \

 Ugh...did you visualize this structure?  It consists of
 two completely
 separated fragments, with about a 4 Ang. distance between
 them.  Antechamber
 needs a "pretty good" (tm) to start from.

> In my experince the version 12 Antechamber is rejecting
 a lot molecules
> than the version 9.

 We'd like to hear of results that the recent versions
 fail.  However, the old
 divcon code could prematurely signal convergence, appearing
 to work but
 actually giving bad results.  The current code should
 (properly) e unhappy
 with the structure you provide (although it certainly might
 give better
 diagnostics in the output.)

 ...dac