Re: [AMBER] problem with tleap

From: Rejwan <rejwan_88.yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2013 18:46:29 -0700 (PDT)

--- On Tue, 6/18/13, Jason Swails wrote:

&gt; From: Jason Swails
&gt; Subject: Re: [AMBER] problem with tleap
&gt; To: &quot;AMBER Mailing List&quot;
&gt; Date: Tuesday, June 18, 2013, 5:09 PM
&gt; On Tue, Jun 18, 2013 at 4:06 PM,
&gt; Rejwan
&gt; wrote:
&gt;
&gt; &gt; I&#39;m trying to make the topology file of a
&gt; ligand-protein system.
&gt; &gt;
&gt; &gt; In tLeap suit of Amber I fed both .prepin and .frcmod
&gt; of the ligand,  I
&gt; &gt; used RESP charge obtained via Gaussian 09 Geometry
&gt; Optimization for PREPIN
&gt; &gt; file. The .frcmod file was created by parmchk routine.
&gt; &gt;
&gt;
&gt; Did you look at the resulting frcmod file?  Did you see
&gt; any statements like
&gt; [ATTN: Needs Revision]?

I LOOKED AT FRCMOD FILE. IT DOES NOT HAVE ANY WARNING AT ALL.

&gt;
&gt;
&gt; &gt; The tLeap error showed only 2 out of 10 torsion terms
&gt; could be
&gt; &gt; implemented. Could you please help how can I extract
&gt; the missing Angle and
&gt; &gt; Torsion terms ? Also where should I plug the terms (Is
&gt; it in  the .frmod
&gt; &gt; file ?) to rerun Leap ?  I&#39;m copying the error
&gt; screen.
&gt; &gt;
&gt;
&gt; You should put any missing parameters into the frcmod
&gt; file.  However,
&gt; parmchk should have done this for you (unless there were
&gt; bonds between your
&gt; ligand and protein, for instance, but this seems unlikely
&gt; given that all
&gt; missing parameters involve gaff atom types).  Even if
&gt; parmchk couldn&#39;t find
&gt; any parameters, it will put zeroes in for everything and
&gt; indicate that it
&gt; needs revision. (You should always check the frcmod file
&gt; after parmchk
&gt; creates it).  Therefore, the fact that parameters are
&gt; still missing
&gt; indicates that you&#39;ve probably made some kind of error (did
&gt; you remember
&gt; to load the frcmod into your tleap session via the [
&gt; loadAmberParams ]
&gt; command?)

PARMCHK DID NOT HAVE ANY COMPLAIN AND OF COURSE I DID IMPORT FRCMOD INTO TLEAP VIA loadAmberParams
&gt;
__________________

IF YOU WANT TO HAVE A LOOK AT THOSE FILES I CAN SEND THEM. HOWEVER, WHAT ELSE COULD BE THE PITFALL ? INTERESTINGLY I RUN LIGEAND-PROTEIN MD BEFORE BY SAME ANTECHAMBER PROTOCOL WITHOUT PROBLEM. THANKS.

-rejwan

&gt;
&gt; --
&gt; Jason M. Swails