Re: [AMBER] hydrogen bond pattern

From: David A Case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2013 09:52:11 -0400

On Tue, Jun 18, 2013, Rasha Alqus wrote:

> My system is formed from chains of carbohydrate, the chains are
> connected together by hydrogen bond, a recent paper have published two
> type of hydrogen bond pattern present for the system. I have built my
> system but i would like to know how i can set the hydrogen bond between
> the chains.

It's not quite clear what you want to do. If you wish to create a starting
structure that contains certain hydrogen bonds, I recommend treating these
distances as "NMR" restraints, and running MD to see if you can get reasonable
structure that satisfy the restraints (i.e. have the hydrogen bonds you want).

[If the "recent paper" is from Freedberg, you can probably just start from the
crystal structure of sucrose....]

...dac