[AMBER] Difficulty in reading .mdcrd file in VMD

From: Yan Duan <yduan1.ualberta.ca>
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2013 17:07:31 -0600

Dear Amber users:
  Hi, currently I'm kind of learning the AMBER software, and I started from
the tutorials on its website. Today when I tried to run the TUTORIAL A16:
Lipid Bilayers with an Amber Lipid Force
Field<http://ambermd.org/tutorials/advanced/tutorial16/An_Amber_Lipid_Force_Field_Tutorial.html>,
everything went well except one issue: when I tried to view the trajectory
files, I loaded the *.prmtop file first, it was fine, then I loaded the
*.mdcrd, but nothing came out in VMD and in linux terminal it showed like:

Using plugin crdbox for coordinates from file
/home/yan/Desktop/amberfiles_local/DOPC_128_02_Heat.mdcrd
Problem reading CRD file
Info) Finished with coordinate file
/home/yan/Desktop/amberfiles_local/DOPC_128_02_Heat.mdcrd.

I wonder that is this error because of the wrong command lines from the
tutorial, or VMD itself? how could I view its trajectories then?

So many thanks for your time and generous help!

Best regards,

Yan