[AMBER] Need a higher value for SKINNB

From: Hailin Huang <hailin.huang.my.liu.edu>
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2013 18:20:57 -0400

Dear Amber Users,

When I was running the density equilibration of a protein, calculations
terminated at Nstep=12500 and I got this message "Nonbond cells need to be
recalculated, restart simulation from previous checkpoint. with a higher
value for skinnb". What is skinnb? Has anyone come across this problem
before? The input follows:

 &cntrl
  imin=0,irest=1,ntx=5,
  nstlim=1000000,dt=0.002,
  ntc=2,ntf=2,
  ntb=2, ntp=1, taup=1.0,
  ntpr=500, ntwx=500,
  ntt=3, gamma_ln=2.0,
  temp0=300.0,
  ntr=1, restraintmask=':1-106',
  restraint_wt=2.0,
 /

The minimization of this structure showed the "RESTARTED DUE TO LINMIN
FAILURE" message but it finished normally. This seems like a common error
occurred in minimization and it wouldn't affect running MDs, but did it
cause the above "skinnb" problem?

Thanks for helping!

-RIchard