Re: [AMBER] CUDA install fails due to undefined netcdf definitions

From: Matthew Wampole <Matthew.Wampole.jefferson.edu>
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2013 21:12:10 +0000

Hi Jason,

removed both files you suggested and I received an identical error as before.

~Matt

------------------------------

Message: 35
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2013 11:51:06 -0400
From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [AMBER] CUDA install fails due to undefined netcdf
        definitions
To: AMBER Mailing List <amber.ambermd.org>

Remove the file $AMBERHOME/include/netcdf.mod and
$AMBERHOME/lib/libnetcdf.a and try

./configure -cuda gnu
make install

again.

On Thu, Jun 6, 2013 at 11:28 AM, Matthew Wampole <
Matthew.Wampole.jefferson.edu> wrote:

> Hi Amber users,
>
> I have run into a compilation error with the latest updates to amber.
> Attached to this email is a log of the 'make install' output from a
> standard './configure -cuda gnu'.
>
> ::snippet::
> ./cuda/cuda.a -L/usr/local/cuda/lib64 -L/usr/local/cuda/lib -lcurand
> -lcufft -lcudart -L/usr/lib64 -lstdc++ -L/usr/local/amber12/lib
> -L/usr/local/amber12/lib -lnetcdf
> bintraj.o: In function `__bintraj_mod_MOD_checkerror.part.0':
> bintraj.F90:(.text+0x6e): undefined reference to
> `__netcdf_MOD_nf90_strerror'
> bintraj.o: In function `__bintraj_mod_MOD_end_binary_frame':
> bintraj.F90:(.text+0x332): undefined reference to
> `__netcdf_MOD_nf90_put_var_1d_eightbytereal'
> bintraj.F90:(.text+0x35e): undefined reference to `__netcdf_MOD_nf90_sync'
> bintraj.F90:(.text+0x4ba): undefined reference to
> `__netcdf_MOD_nf90_put_var_1d_eightbytereal'
> bintraj.F90:(.text+0x4cf): undefined reference to `__netcdf_MOD_nf90_sync'
>
> I was able to bypass this error by configuring without netcdf,
> './configure -cuda -nobintraj gnu'. It doesn't fix the issue but gives me a
> workable pmemd.cuda to test. (I've been following the titan discussion)
>
> System specs:
> Ubuntu 12.04
> gcc 4.6.3
> gfortran 4.6.3
>
> Cuda cards:
> Titan
> GTX 680
> Quadro 5600
>
> Thanks,
>
> ~Matt
>

> The information contained in this transmission contains privileged and
> confidential information. It is intended only for the use of the person
> named above. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified
> that any review, dissemination, distribution or duplication of this
> communication is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended
> recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies
> of the original message.
>
> CAUTION: Intended recipients should NOT use email communication for
> emergent or urgent health care matters.

Quantum Theory Project,
University of Florida
Ph.D. Candidate