Re: [AMBER] search for a method name: 'targeted molecular dynamics'?

From: Jan-Philip Gehrcke <jgehrcke.googlemail.com>
Date: Wed, 05 Jun 2013 12:19:20 +0200

Thanks for your opinion. I checked references and of course noticed that
both names already have a quite special meaning in the context of their
original usage, but also describe a general concept.

When using such a general concept, then it is not a good idea to
re-invent a name for that. My thinking is/was that while in SMD the main
concept is to find an energy difference between two states, in targeted
MD the main concept is to transform one structure to another.

With this simplistic view, I figured that targeted molecular dynamics
might be the better name for what we are doing.

Based on your opinion, I will reconsider... what is important in the end
is that we do not use a wrong name.

Cheers!