Re: [AMBER] new AmberTools13 update has error in configure2 - needs changing

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2013 14:57:39 -0400

On Mon, Jun 3, 2013 at 2:02 PM, ET <sketchfoot.gmail.com> wrote:

> cuda toolkit checking part has error in line 614 & 617:
>

> if [ "$cudaversion" == "5.0" ]; then
> echo "CUDA Version $cudaversion detected"
> nvccflags="$nvccflags $sm30flags $sm35flags"
> elif [ "$cudaversion" == "4.2" ]; then
> echo "CUDA Version $cudaversion detected"
> nvccflags="$nvccflags $sm30flags"
> else
> echo "Error: Unsupported CUDA version $cudaversion detected."
> echo "AMBER requires CUDA version == 4.2 .or. 5.0"
> exit 1
> fi
>

> Python style operator used instead of bash. so ./configure -cuda gnu fails.

This is actually not strictly correct. The code above is perfectly legal
bash (and that's why it wasn't caught before releasing). It is not,
however, legal POSIX, and may fail for POSIX-compliant shells.

In particular, Ubuntu uses 'dash' instead of 'bash' as the default /bin/sh
(you can check the simlink yourself), and 'dash' is known to choke on the
above lines. (I've only ever seen this type of thing fail for Ubuntu, which
is the distro I assume you are using...)

I'll make a fix.

Thanks for the report,

Quantum Theory Project,
University of Florida