Re: [AMBER] experiences with EVGA GTX TITAN Superclocked - memtestG80 - UNDERclocking in Linux ?

From: Marek Maly <marek.maly.ujep.cz>
Date: Mon, 03 Jun 2013 13:21:43 +0200

Hi Divi,

regarding 1)

I am really not an expert here but in my opinion it should be possible
to down clock Titan to 732 MHz (after GPU bios editing using e.g. tools
like Kepler BIOS Tweaker, NVflash). But before you do the bios editing,
I would recommend to try check how Titan works under this ferquency
under Windows where you can change GPU frequency also without direct
bios editing (using some special software which sets the desaired
parameters
on the level of driver e.g. to use "MSI Afterburner" OR "EVGA precision"
...).
  Again I am here not an expert but try to google a bit "overclocking Titan"
... (see some info e.g here http://www.overclock.net/ ) to get
any additional info.

One more thing:

It seems that any card which have some base and boost frequency defined
is running under linux automatically under the boost frequency (tested on
my
Titans and GTX 680) so at least for linux work perhaps is important to set
the boost frequency to the desired value which you would like for your
linux work. You may check this e.g. by checking frequency info in mdout
Amber files.
  Anyway just let's notice that playing with GPU bios may void your
warranty.

regarding 2)

Can you please do Amber benchmarks (at least 100K steps long, the same
random seed and repeat twice for each GPU) with your Titan cards to
check i) if they are able to successfully finish the tests
ii) if the results are prefectly reproducible i.e. exactly the same
results from
both runs on each GPU ?

    Thanks in advance !

       M.