[AMBER] cpptraj strange warning with cluster command

From: Miguel Ortiz Lombardía <miguel.ortiz-lombardia.afmb.univ-mrs.fr>
Date: Mon, 13 May 2013 17:26:03 +0200

Hi,

I am using cpptraj to cluster a trajectory. My input file looks like this:

(...)
trajin ../../../../prod03_025.mdcrd 1
strip :WAT
strip :Na+
strip :Cl-
cluster C1 hieragglo clusters 3 averagelinkage rms mass out
clusters_003.agr gracecolor summary clusters_003.sum info
clusters_003.info repout clusters_003 repfmt pdb

Though the procedure goes to the end and produces the requested number
of clusters, I have noticed that the output includes two warnings:

> [cluster C1 hieragglo clusters 3 averagelinkage rms mass out clusters_003.agr gracecolor summary clusters_003.sum info
> clusters_003.info repout clusters_003 repfmt pdb]
> CLUSTER: Using coords dataset _DEFAULTCRD_, clustering using RMSD (all atoms), mass-weighted best fit Hierarchical Agglomerative: 3 clusters, average-linkage.
> Cluster # vs time will be written to clusters_003.agr
> Grace color instead of cluster number (1-15) will be saved.
> Cluster information will be written to clusters_003.info
> Summary of cluster results will be written to clusters_003.sum
> Cluster representatives will be written to separate trajectories,
> prefix (clusters_003), format PDB
> Warning: [cluster] Not all arguments handled: [ rms ]
> Warning: One or more analyses requested creation of default COORDS DataSet.
> CREATECRD: Saving coordinates from Top u1e2h2_1_exdR_sol.prmtop to "_DEFAULTCRD_"

The second one is expected, but what does the first one mean? In this
example I didn't provide a mask (probably not very sensible) but if I
give a mask after the 'rms' option (like 'rms :59-68.CA mass') I get:

> [cluster C1 hieragglo clusters 3 averagelinkage rms :59-68.CA mass out clusters_003.agr gracecolor summary clusters_003.sum info clusters_003.info repout clusters_003 repfmt pdb]
> CLUSTER: Using coords dataset _DEFAULTCRD_, clustering using RMSD (mask [:59-68.CA]), mass-weighted best fit
> Hierarchical Agglomerative: 3 clusters, average-linkage.
> Cluster # vs time will be written to clusters_003.agr
> Grace color instead of cluster number (1-15) will be saved.
> Cluster information will be written to clusters_003.info
> Summary of cluster results will be written to clusters_003.sum
> Cluster representatives will be written to separate trajectories,
> prefix (clusters_003), format PDB
> Warning: [cluster] Not all arguments handled: [ rms ]
> Warning: One or more analyses requested creation of default COORDS DataSet.
> CREATECRD: Saving coordinates from Top u1e2h2_1_exdR_sol.prmtop to "_DEFAULTCRD_"

So it looks that the mask and hence 'rms' is actually handled. Or is it not?

Cheers,

--
Miguel Ortiz Lombardía
Architecture et Fonction des Macromolécules Biologiques (UMR7257)