Re: [AMBER] Optimal APBS parameters - Amber OR APBS defaults ?

From: Ray Luo, Ph.D. <ray.luo.uci.edu>
Date: Tue, 7 May 2013 14:52:26 -0700

Marek,

Amber PBSA and APBS should give you the same energies, within
numerical accuracy, if you use the same parameters, such as dielectric
constants, radius definition, surface definition and tension etc. This
has nothing to do with which package you use. If you see different
energies, you are most likely using different parameters, i.e.
different default values.

Developers often set different default parameters for different
intended usages. In Amber/PBSA, we set these values for MMPBSA
applications. In APBS, these values are set for some other
applications. I believe you can find these in their user manual.

Ray