[AMBER] MMPBSA.py error

From: Kshatresh Dutta Dubey <kshatresh.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 6 May 2013 19:46:27 +0530

Dear Users,

I am running MMPBSA.py using Amber 12. I am getting an error like--

*Reading command-line arguments and input files...
mmpbsa_py_energy found! Using /usr/local/amber12/bin/mmpbsa_py_energy
cpptraj found! Using /usr/local/amber12/bin/cpptraj
ptraj found! Using /usr/local/amber12/bin/ptraj
Preparing trajectories for simulation...
21 frames were processed by cpptraj for use in calculation.

Beginning GB calculations with /usr/local/amber12/bin/mmpbsa_py_energy
  calculating complex contribution...
  calculating receptor contribution...
CalcError: /usr/local/amber12/bin/mmpbsa_py_energy failed with prmtop
receptor_ant.top!
Exiting. All files have been retained.
*

I searched this problem and also followed suggestion by Jason to check for -
mmpbsa_py_energy -O -i _MMPBSA_pb.mdin -p <complex_prmtop> -c
_MMPBSA_complex.pdb -y _MMPBSA_complex.mdcrd.0 -o output

and found segmentation fault. I checked the intermediate files and noticed
that _MMPBSA_complex.pdb, _MMPBSA_receptor.pdb and _MMPBSA_ligand.pdb
files are same. It seems that MMPBSA.py does not seperate ligand and
receptor from complex.

Does anyone suggest solution for it. I will deeply appreciate your support.

With best regards