Re: [AMBER] Advice on length of production simulation

From: Marc van der Kamp <marcvanderkamp.gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 4 May 2013 12:08:34 +0100

Hi Chris,
I'm certainly no MMPBSA (or MMGBSA) expert, but I think the general
consensus is that it is better to have many short simulations (with
different starting velocities, and/or other differences) instead of one
long one, and long-ish MD simulations (>10 ns) don't have much benefit.
This may depend on the system of course!

See for example this paper (but there are more - just the first one I
found):

Hope this helps,
Marc