[AMBER] Advice on length of production simulation

From: Chris Chris <alpharecept.yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 3 May 2013 09:01:49 -0700 (PDT)

I am modeling the binding of a substrate to an active site and want to do some MMPBSA-derived binding energy calculations (MMPBSA-py-mpi).

Looking in the literature- I see simulation times <1ns to 40 ns for production simulations. I have determined that my enzyme-substrate structures (there are 10) are stable from the equilibrations steps ( as outlined in Amber tutorial on mmpbsa).

Is there any 'gold standard' for the length of production runs that yeild the most reliable mmpbsa energy outputs?

Thanks,
Chris