Re: [AMBER] patching unsuccessful even after modifying patch_amber.py

From: Jan-Philip Gehrcke <jgehrcke.googlemail.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2013 14:31:46 +0100

Just do the same as you have shown below, but instead of

gm.linux-rfml:/usr/local/newamber/amber12> cpptraj

you do

gm.linux-rfml:/usr/local/newamber/amber12> command -v cpptraj

 From the output, you will see that the identified path to a cpptraj
executable is not the one you intended.

All you have to understand is that the directory containing the newest
cpptraj executable must be listed in your PATH environment variable
*before* any other directory containing an executable called cpptraj. At
any given time you can just look at your PATH variable via

$ echo $PATH

Probably your PATH environment variable contains multiple Amber bin
directories, whereas the one you actually want is not the first one.

That's why I wrote that you should *prepend* your $AMBERHOME/bin to PATH:

export AMBERHOME=/usr/local/newamber/amber12
export PATH=${AMBERHOME}/bin\:${PATH}

(Sorry Jason :-))

Right after that

gm.linux-rfml:/usr/local/newamber/amber12> command -v cpptraj

must show the path you expect.

In general, make sure that your ~/.bashrc file sets up a clean PATH
variable. Delete/outcomment PATH-modifying statements you think you
might not need anymore.

Cheers,

Jan-Philip