Re: [AMBER] patching unsuccessful even after modifying patch_amber.py

From: Vaibhav Dixit <vaibhavadixit.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2013 18:56:41 +0530

OK, its working now, thanks for your patience in helping with such small
problems.
gm.linux-rfml:/usr/local/newamber/amber12> cpptraj

CPPTRAJ: Trajectory Analysis. V12.5
    ___ ___ ___ ___
     | \/ | \/ | \/ |
    _|_/\_|_/\_|_/\_|_

INPUT: Reading Input from STDIN, type "go" to run, "quit" to exit:

On Mon, Mar 25, 2013 at 6:54 PM, Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 25, 2013 at 9:16 AM, Vaibhav Dixit <vaibhavadixit.gmail.com
> >wrote:
>
> > Hi, I made these changes to the .bashrc and sourced it, but cpptraj is
> > still V12.1.
> > Please suggest.
> >

> It is not enough to just source it. You need to close that shell and open
> a new one. You can verify this by typing "which cpptraj" and seeing that
> it points to your old installation. Each time you modify the PATH with
> AMBERHOME, you are appending $AMBERHOME/bin, which means you continually
> add directories on to the end of that variable. Since there is a cpptraj
> that is found in your old AMBERHOME (which was in the PATH before the new
> AMBERHOME from your last bashrc version), it will always use that one until
> you either a) prepend AMBERHOME/bin to your path or b) open a new terminal.
>
> Good luck,
> Jason
>
> --
> Jason M. Swails
> Quantum Theory Project,
> University of Florida
> Ph.D. Candidate
> 352-392-4032

With regards
Vaibhav A. Dixit
Ph.D.
Department of Medicinal Chemistry
Natl. Inst. Pharm. Edu. & Res. (NIPER)
Sector 67, Phase X,  S.A.S. Nagar (Mohali)
Punjab -160 062 INDIA
Phone (Mobile): +919915214408, +91-7709129400.
E-mail: vaibhavadixit.gmail.com
www.niper.nic.in