Re: [AMBER] can we specify mpi path in ./configure?

From: Jan-Philip Gehrcke <jgehrcke.googlemail.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2013 11:28:51 +0100

On 03/19/2013 08:38 AM, Albert wrote:
> thanks a lot for kind comments.
> such setup works fine in my Redhat OS, but it doesn't work in Ubuntu.

You should stop blaming Ubuntu and start using things properly :-)

 From 'man which' on an Ubuntu system: `which` is "searching the PATH
for executable files matching the names of the arguments."

So, if /usr/bin/mpirun is the first and only mpirun in your PATH, it
makes perfectly sense that this is the one returned by which. According
to this man page `which` does not evaluate any aliases.

What you have to appreciate is that `which` itself is not specified by
POSIX, i.e. it could be that it behaves differently on different Linux
distributions (although I doubt that `which` on Redhat evaluates
aliases, but that's not the point here).

The corresponding POXIX-specified command is `command -v`. It will give
the same result on any POSIX-compliant system.

Cheers,

Jan-Philip