Re: [AMBER] GTX Titan was finally released

From: Ross Walker <ross.rosswalker.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2013 15:53:11 -0700

You are talking for games yes? - For CUDA these 'professionals' probably
haven't got a clue what they are talking about. The Titan is an awesome
card and massively beats the 690 in terms of single GPU performance.
111ns/day for JAC NVE plays about 67ns/day for 690. Granted you can run 2
calculations at once on a 690 but you can't put 4 of them in a box for
power reasons so I think most people would agree that 4 GTX Titan's is
likely the optimum option. Put 4 of these in a homebuilt box all for less
than $6K and you are golden. I'll be posting the shopping list for
building such a system on the AMBER webpage shortly.

All the best
Ross