Re: [AMBER] Hydration Free Enery by TI

From: Ignacio J. General <ijgeneral.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2013 13:07:36 -0400

Hi Thomas. I've done TI several times, and I always do what you mention:

saveamberparm system v0.prm v0.rst
delete system system.1
saveamberparm system v1.prm v1.rst

But this may be a problem when you are disappearing, say, one residue in a
stretch of RNA, since then you will end up with two separate pieces of RNA.
So, I am wondering, is it possible to do in the VDW step what one usually
does for the charge, i.e,

crgmask_v0=:10
scmask_v0=''
crgmask_v1=:10
scmask_v1=:10

while using the same prm and rst file for both V0 and V1? (in V0 you have a
residue 10 without charge but with VDW, while in V1 you have residue 10
without charge and without VDW).

Thanks,

Ignacio