Re: [AMBER] Hydration Free Enery by TI

From: Kepa K. Burusco <kekoburgo.yahoo.es>
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2013 16:28:18 +0000 (GMT)

[18-III-2013]

Hi Thomas,

>> 2) And also, in the in gas phase transformation ("organic molecule" in
>> vacuo into "nothing" in vacuo), what options should I specify in V0 and V1
>> and what coordinate and topology files should I use for the end state?

> You dont need to do this anymore. The tranformation keeps internal
> energies intact, so the dG for solute->nothing always equals 0.0.

... so, you mean that I don't really need to do the "in gas phase" step to close the thermodynamic cycle???

> You do need to do the vacuum charge removal for the solute though. That
> can be avoided by switching to one-step transformations if you want to.

When you say that I need to do the vacuum charge removal for the solute, you mean in vacuo?
And then, if I wish to avoid this step (the in vacuo), should I do the one-step (charges + van der Waals) transforation in explicit solvent?

Thanks and sorry for asking again.

Kepa K.