Re: [AMBER] GPU job scheduling: looking for recommendations and experiences

From: Ross Walker <ross.rosswalker.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2013 08:04:03 -0700

Hi Jan-Philip,

Both Torque and Slurm are known to work. I have setup Slurm allowing
shared use of nodes which lets you handout GPUs on an individual basis
rather than as a whole node. Slurm's documentation is pretty lacking
though - there's lots of it but they tend to just focus on stupidly
complicated and arcane examples so it can be a pain to figure out.

Torque I have not used but others have reported success with it - there is
a minor issue in that the Maui scheduler doesn't properly understand GPUs
even though torque does so you can't run with Maui unless you are happy
allocating at node rather than GPU granularity.

Hope that helps. Others can hopefully give you more detailed info.

All the best
Ross