[AMBER] GPU job scheduling: looking for recommendations and experiences

From: Jan-Philip Gehrcke <jgehrcke.googlemail.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2013 14:35:07 +0100

Hello,

I am aiming to set up a free GPU job scheduling solution in order to
distribute (Amber) GPU computing jobs among various nodes containing
CUDA devices. However, the corresponding resources in the web are still
scarce. When searching the web for the term "GPU job scheduling" then
this short list hosted by Nvidia is the most informative result:
https://developer.nvidia.com/job-scheduling

I am currently looking into setting up Torque which "supports" NVIDIA
GPUs:
http://docs.adaptivecomputing.com/torque/4-0-2/Content/topics/3-nodes/NVIDIAGPGPUs.htm

However, before proceeding, I would be very interested to hear about the
experiences others have made.

So, if you have set up a GPU cluster with proper job management based on
free software, then I would be happy to read about the scheduler
software of your choice, complications you ran into, and other
experiences you find worth mentioning. Sure that this would help not
only me!

Thanks a lot,

Jan-Philip