Re: [AMBER] REMD simulation

From: sudipta <sudipta.mml.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2013 19:07:41 -0400

Hi Niel,

Thank you very much for your reply. Yeah, I noticed that most of the people
had used NVT instead of NPT. Nobody has not put any straightforward reason
for choosing NVT over NPT. However, is the simulation of protein system at
high temperature in NVT ensemble reasonable? When we increase the
temperature of such system then the protein molecule will be expanded and
it looks for some space. However, NVT ensemble doesn't compromise any
space. I am curious about this.

Another issue is use of explicit solvent. Most of REMD study has been
performed in implicit solvent environment. Is there any inherent reason
behind this except computational cost.

Best
Sudipta