Re: [AMBER] QM/MM restart problem

From: Gustavo Seabra <gustavo.seabra.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2013 17:45:30 -0300

Your problem seems to be a combination of two factors:

1. Differently from the MM part, the neighbor list of the QM part contains
*any* atom that falls within cutoff of *any* QM atom. All the QM atoms
share the same neighbor list.

2. Having unbound molecules can make one of them diffuse and, using inwrap,
it may be falling too far from the other QM atoms. As a result, the "QM
region" now is way too large, and you see the error message. Yo can easily
verify that by printing the Qm region (look for the writepdb QM option in
the Amber manual.

The solution would be, first, trying to restrain the water so it doesn't go
that far, as was suggested by Bud, or recenter the file and redefine the QM
region, as suggested by Matt. But keep in mind that, if the error comes
back again, it may also be necessary to increase the size of your box.

Gustavo Seabra
Professor Adjunto
Departamento de Química Fundamental
Universidade Federal de Pernambuco