Re: [AMBER] Bad atom type: fe in MMPBSA calculations

From: Paul Mortenson <Paul.Mortenson.astx.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2013 10:02:58 +0000

I've had to do this myself a few times, even for relatively common atom types like halogens.

Editing the source code seems like overkill for a trivial issue like this, and could it maybe cause problems with patches, if mdread.f was affected? It also means you have to remember to redo this whenever you upgrade.

For future versions, would it be possible for these radii to be specifiable via an frcmod file (or similar), to avoid having to edit the source code?

Just a thought...

Paul