Re: [AMBER] Regarding centering a tetrameric molecule

From: <dilrajl.bii.a-star.edu.sg>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2013 14:50:16 +0800

Dear jason,
            Thank you for your response. Well I tried the autoimage
option from cpptraj but the problem still persists. Here is the input
file I have used.

autoimage
center :1-396 mass origin
image origin center
rmsd first :1-396.N,CA,C

Just to clarify the issue further, I am attaching two image files here
to demonstrate the orientation change I was referring to in going from
one snap shot to the next. One can clearly see the rearrangement
taking place.

Matter of fact I have also tried the second option that you have
suggested that of centering the monomers one at a time. Here is the
input file for that.

center :1-184 mass origin
image origin center
center :1-198 mass origin
image origin center
center :1-382 mass origin
image origin center
center :1-396 mass origin
image origin center
rms first :1-396 .N,CA,C

This also doesn't solve the issue at hand.

Can you please suggest me anything that I can work out.

Thank you,
Dilraj.

Quoting dilrajl.bii.a-star.edu.sg: