[AMBER] Regarding centering a tetrameric molecule

From: <dilrajl.bii.a-star.edu.sg>
Date: Fri, 08 Mar 2013 20:51:00 +0800

Dear Amber users,
                  I have a query regarding centering of a tetrameric
molecule during post processing of a simulated trajectory. I will be
glad if you can kindly provide me with some insights on the problem
that I am currently encountering in this regard.

I have done simulation of a tetrameric complex in explicit water.
After completing the simulation, I want to recenter the molecule into
the primary box. The total number of residues in the complex is 396
and each monomer comprises of the following residue set. (monomer-1:
1-184, monomer-2: 185-198, monomer-3: 199-382 and monomer-4: 383-396.

SO for re-centering, I used the following command.

trajin prod.mdcrd
center :1-184 mass origin
image origin center
center :1-396 mass origin
image origin center
rms first :1-396.N,CA,C
strip :WAT
strip:Cl-
trajout prod_cen.mdcrd

Now after this, when I visualize the trajectory in VMD, I observe that
initially the trajectory is fine but later on, there are sudden
fluctuations in the orientation of the molecules. I believe this has
got something to do with the re-centering scheme I am using since the
simulations have progressed fine.

I am not sure If I have been clear enough with my description.

Please let me know and will be glad to get some inputs.

Thank you,
Dilraj.