Re: [AMBER] Problem to run sander with more than 60 atom types

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2013 12:02:01 -0500

On Thu, Feb 28, 2013 at 11:51 AM, Elise Duboué-Dijon <
elise.duboue-dijon.ens.fr> wrote:

> Dear Jason,
>
> Thank you very much for answering so quickly.
>
> We should have mentioned that the problem only appears when we run EVB
> simulations. A run with a single EVB state works fine on multiple cores.
>
> We have exactly 69 atom types in the first VB state, and 4 more types in
> the
> second VB state, so a total of 73 atom types.

Oh. Well the segfault could be from the EVB code as easily as from the
arrays you mentioned. I recall having trouble with the EVB tests in terms
of segfaults and the like, so I wouldn't be surprised if the issue is in
that code... I never use EVB myself, so my only memory comes from running
the test suite on a multitude of systems. Ergo, I have no more details
than "I think I saw something once. maybe." :)

We did not try to run PMEMD because our understanding was that EVB is not
> implemented.

This is correct.

All the best,

Quantum Theory Project,