Re: [AMBER] Problem to run sander with more than 60 atom types

From: Elise Duboué-Dijon <elise.duboue-dijon.ens.fr>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2013 15:24:10 +0100

Dear Jason,

Following your advices, we changed the amber12 code to be able to run it
with systems that have more than 60 atom types.

Here is the list of the changes we made :

- in parms.F90 :
line 12 : BC_PARMR 46150 (instead of 24560)
line 30-35 : size of arrays cn1, cn2, cn3, cn4, cn5 : 5050 instead of 1830

- in rdparm.F90
line 108 nttyp > 5050 (instead of 1830)

It runs fine when we run on 2 cores (1 per VB state), but as soon as we
try to run on more (e.g. 4 cores, 16 cores), it crashes. We did a test
with exactly the same system, the same input files and job files, and it
runs fine on 2 cores but it crashes on 4. that is the typical error we get
:
"node14:31240] *** Process received signal ***
[node14:31240] Signal: Segmentation fault (11)
[node14:31240] Signal code: Address not mapped (1)
[node14:31240] Failing at address: 0x20990af74"

We first thought it was a problem with the compilation, but we did a test
on a different system, containing less than 60 atom types, using the same
sander.MPI, the same modules, and it runs totally fine on 16 cores. That
is why we think it may again be an issue with having more than 60 atom
types.
Could you please help us to find out where it could come from ?

Thank you again for your help,

Elise Duboué-Dijon