Re: [AMBER] generate MDCRD file for two points

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2013 08:33:28 -0500

On Thu, Feb 28, 2013 at 7:00 AM, HM <scienceamber.gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
> I extracted the Center of mass of two domains. Now I want to visualize
> these coordinates in VMD. For the same, I plan to make a new parameter and
> coordinate files.
>
> I am planning to do something line
>
> prmtop file: only two atoms (say two C atom)
>
> mdcrd file : coordinates of these two atoms in different time point.
>
> I was just wondering if it is possible to make files with these
> information..

Sure. The easiest way might be to use ParmEd to strip all atoms except the
oxygen atoms from 2 water molecules from one of your topology files (since
all you need is a topology file with 2 atoms). As another thought you
could generate a prmtop in tleap with only 2 sodium ions.

The mdcrd you will probably have to generate using your own script, since
no program in Amber will do what you want, I don't think.

Good luck,

Quantum Theory Project,
University of Florida
Ph.D. Candidate