Re: [AMBER] Error analysing an RNA trajectory with anal

From: Daniel Roe <daniel.r.roe.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2013 13:08:59 -0700

Hi,

This is a wild shot in the dark since I have never used the program,
but when you use the topology/coordinate files without water, have you
stripped the box coordinates from the trajectory? E.g. using the
ptraj/cpptraj input:

trajout nowat.crd nobox

-Dan

On Wed, Feb 27, 2013 at 11:44 AM, Amparo Garcia Lopez
<Amparo.GarciaLopez.unige.ch> wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> After generating a MD trajectory of a solvated RNA molecule with amber11, I was trying to obtain the base stacking energies using the old program "anal" (amber9). I have both one question and one problem regarding this:
>
> - This is pure ignorance from my side, but was anal left behind simply because ptraj took over? can I do this same stacking energy analysis with ptraj?
>
> - Second, and this is my technical problem, this is my input for "anal":
>
> test of anal energies, RNA_200ns
> 1 0 0 0 0 1
> 0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0
> 1 0 0 0 0 0
> 99.0 2.0 1.2 1.0
> 1 10.0 10.0 10.0 10.0 10.0 10.0 20.0 10.0 10.0
> ENERGY
> RES 1 21
> END
> END
> STOP
>
> e.g. of command line:
> anal -i analin -o analout -p RNA.vac.top -c RNA.6.vac.crd
>
> I've tried using topology and coordinate files both with and without water.
> What I get is this error:
>
> Image PC Routine Line Source
> anal 0000000000476B6E Unknown Unknown Unknown
> anal 0000000000475052 Unknown Unknown Unknown
> anal 000000000044EC38 Unknown Unknown Unknown
> etc etc
>
> Inside the analout file I see that there are no atomic coordinates.
>
> What have I done wrong? I know the problem is in my files, as I have run the "control files" from the amber/test/vac_rna folder w/o problem. But I just don't know what to change. I have processed these same files with ptraj before, to do clustering, avg.pdb, combining trajectories, etc etc, so they can't be that terrible??
>
> This is my first time using "anal". Any ideas?
>
> Thanks very much in advance.
>
> Amparo Garcia-Lopez, Ph.D.
>
> Pharmaceutical Biochemistry
> School of Pharmaceutical Sciences