Re: [AMBER] Install amber in Mac Lion

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2013 20:51:58 -0500

On Tue, Feb 26, 2013 at 7:57 PM, javier alejandro rendon carrillo <
biotecnologo.rendon.gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi David!
>
> My name is Alex, i write to you because i cannot install amber12 in
> parallel on mac OS 10.8 Lion,
> so i follow the instructions in the web page
> http://jswails.wikidot.com/installing-amber12-and-ambertools-12
> and also add the next line to the amber pack, that was posted in the forum:
>
> *in $AMBERHOME/AmberTools/src/leap/src/leap, somewhere after the first
> line: *
> * *
> *.c.o: *
> *$(CC) -c -I$(XHOME)/include $(CFLAGS) $(AMBERCFLAGS) -o $. $** *

With all of the *'s you added it's hard to see what you actually did (i
don't know what stars, if any, are in the line you added or if they're just
there to draw my attention to something).

Based on the error message you got below, though, my guess is that this
change was not done properly. That said, I don't think you should have
needed to make any changes. I have built Amber 12 on OS X 10.7 (Lion) and
OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion) simply following those instructions on the wiki.

If you are using 10.8, don't forget to install XQuartz for the X-server.
 As long as you set up your machine like the instructions here:
http://jswails.wikidot.com/mac-os-x

you should have no problem building Amber.

HTH,

Quantum Theory Project,
University of Florida
Ph.D. Candidate