Re: [AMBER] Problem related to the bfactor calculation

From: Daniel Roe <daniel.r.roe.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2013 14:30:22 -0700

Hi,

On Tue, Feb 26, 2013 at 12:24 AM, Sindrila Dutta banik
<sindrila.duttabanik.yahoo.com> wrote:
> atomicfluct out bfactor-all.dat :1-794 byres bfactor
> Another question, I have 7ns trajectory and I am calculating Bfactor for this trajectory. While the rmsd is less than 5 but the Bfactor is more than 1000 for each residues. Shall I am doing any mistake or there is some problem in my simulation.

The command you give should work. Regarding your question however you
need to make sure you are RMS-fitting your structure to an appropriate
reference (e.g. an averaged structure) prior to the 'atomicfluct'
command (as noted in the manual), otherwise your B-factors will
include contributions from overall rotation/translation movement of
your molecule.

Hope this helps,

-Dan

--