Re: [AMBER] possibility to increase max . num. of bonded atoms ?

From: Bill Ross <ross.cgl.ucsf.EDU>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2013 17:44:46 -0800

Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 25, 2013 at 7:31 PM, Marek Maly <marek.maly.ujep.cz> wrote:

> > Regarding substitution of PREPIN file by MOL2 file:
> >
> > There are some information in PREPIN file which
> > are not (at least by default) present in MOL2 like
> >
> > a)
> > IMPROPER record
> > which defines groups of atoms (using atom names) for which improper
> > torsions have to be used (e.g. aromatic rings).
> >
> > How to incorporate this important information into MOL2 file ?
> > I checked MOL2 format ( http://www.tripos.com/data/support/mol2.pdf )
> > and did not found any IMPROPER section.
> >

> This information should not need to be present --- tleap should
> automatically apply known improper torsions that it recognizes.

If it is added to a prep.in file (instead of a mol2) the list will
be checked against the impropers the FF assigns. This can be useful
for developing improper torsions. But for practical purposes the
list-improper-per-residue is superseded by the current FF.

> b)
> > In PREPIN file there is also section LOOP where all
> > the loops are defined but this info is sufficiently
> > substituted in MOL2 file by the complete list of all
> > bonds I guess. Am I right ?
>
> I don't know what the LOOP section does.

It closes loops that wouldn't otherwise be closed with the stack-based
algorithm used by the old PREP program and emulated by leap for reading
prep.in files. Correct: a complete bond list accomplishes the same thing.

> c)
> > There are also 3 DU atoms in the start
> > of the atom list in PREPIN file defining
> > cartesian system. Are these DU atoms
> > necessary also in case of MOL2 definition
> > of the given residuum /molecule? If yes how to define
> > them ?
> >

> DU atoms are only necessary because the PREPIN uses internal coordinates

Prepin can handle cartesian too - XYZ keyword I believe. Maybe DU's
are expected there too.

Bill